Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How many pans is too many?

I have TOO MANY PANS. Or at least, my cupboard thinks so. I need a hard hat just to open it. It's a freakin' construction zone...for cake. Or something.

I'm trying to figure out how to organize it. I almost need to have separate slots for each item in order to keep it straight. Perhaps writing it out will help with that.

Lets take an inventory shall we?

Cookie sheets (2)
Cooling racks (3, on legs)
Muffin tins (1 large, 1 small, 1 mini)
Round cake tins (2- 9")
Round springform pans (1- 8", 1- 9", 1- 11")
Square cake tins 9"x9" (1 glass, 1 metal)
Rectangular cake tins 9"x13" (1 glass, 1 metal)
Bundt pan (1)
Mini cheesecake pan (1)
Glass pie plates (1)
Disposable metal pie plates (5+)
Disposable metal meal containers (5+)

So maybe not THAT many. But it is a lot don't you think? Considering I don't own a pizza pan, or a fluted pan...It's a little much

Guess what's on my Christmas list this year...DONUT PAN. I think I'm pathological  Why would anyone need a donut pan? Its justified by saying that I can't eat donuts unless I make them myself (due to a corn intolerance that makes it impossible to buy anything with icing) right? But then again, one might ask why I needed a mini cheesecake pan, and I will respond by saying that I have used it more times then my spring-form pans. Mini cheesecakes are amazing, and delicious AND you generally only eat one (...an hour), which is waaaaay less then a slice off a 9" cake. So perhaps a donut pan would get used more then you would think! I hope there are low-fat donut recipes, or I may be on the hunt for new pants soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment